Haga clic en la palabra "Inglés" en la esquina superior derecha de esta página para seleccionar un idioma diferente.

يرجى النقر على كلمة "الإنجليزية" في الزاوية اليمنى العليا من هذه الصفحة لتحديد لغة مختلفة

Fadlan dhagsii erayga "Ingiriis" ee geeska kore ee midig ee boggan si aad u doorato luqad kala duwan


district bus transportation

During May & June, districts that provide busing to Metro need parents to complete the registration process. This allows districts to set bus routes over summer and have all students assigned to routes before school begins.

If you live in a district listed below and would like to take advantage of bus transportation, please follow the instructions as outlined. Registration should be completed by the date set by your district or before end of June (whichever comes first). Students not signed up for busing by the deadline will not be guaranteed busing in the fall.

Districts Currently Providing Bus to Metro: 

  • Columbus 

  • Groveport

  • Hilliard 

  • South-Western

When completing bus registration forms, please use your child's legal name as it appears on their birth certificate to avoid any issues with processing your request.

Bus Registration by District of Residence

Columbus City Schools

You only need to register for busing to Metro once. CCS will roll over bus registrations from year to year while you remain enrolled at Metro.

For new Metro students (or students who have not previously used the bus to Metro), a parent/guardian must register online before the end of June. Visit the Columbus City Schools website Charter and Non-Public Transportation  page and scroll down to the link to complete the online registration. The page includes a "how to" video should you need assistance. 

The student and parent legal name must be used when completing the registration to avoid issues matching students to their school enrollment. (Please note that our name may appear as "Columbus Metro" on the list of schools to choose from for busing.)

CCS will send parents notification of bus route assignment during summer. Registrations will be reviewed to determine if transportation can be provided. If deemed impractical (typically due to distance), you will receive a form offering Payment in Lieu of Transportation.

Groveport-Madison Local Schools

Families that live in the Groveport-Madison School District must complete bus registration annually. Please submit the forms below to the Groveport district office or send by email to schoolbus@gocruisers.org

Click here for the Groveport Transportation Request form

Click here for the Groveport Residence Verification form (submit lease or owner version)

Hilliard City Schools

Registration for busing must be completed annually for new and returning students.

Parents/Guardians should visit the district website at https://www.hilliardschools.org/bus-request/ and complete a Non-Public School Transportation form. Once your registration is received, district staff will review information and determine if transportation can be provided or if it will be impractical.

Routing schedules will be available online once complete. Parents can find their child's bus route online at: https://www.hilliardschools.org/BusStop/ 

If deemed impractical, you will receive a form offering Payment in Lieu of Transportation. Please sign the form and return upon receipt.

South-Western City Schools

Returning students will be sent transportation re-enrollment letters which must be returned to Metro by June along with a current proof of residence (ex: utility bill showing the address and parent name).

New families (or student not previously riding the SWCS bus) must complete the form below and return it to Metro by June 1 with a current proof of residence.

2022 South-Western City Schools Bus Request

If you live with a friend/family member, please submit a Residency Affidavit to confirm you qualify for busing with SWCS.

Parent driving students

Payment in Lieu of Transportation

Some of our partnering districts provide an annual payment/stipend to parents if providing a bus to Metro is deemed impractical. See below for information from a few area districts.

If your district is not listed, visit their website and search under Departments for the Transportation page or call them directly for instructions. Please note that requests for transportation are typically due early summer and requests for payment are typically due early fall.


Families in the Dublin School District can complete a non-public transportation request online. Visit https://www.dublinschools.net and click on the appropriate link under Transportation. If busing is deemed impractical, a form requesting payment in lieu of transportation can be submitted to the district office.

Upper Arlington

Families in the Upper Arlington district can complete a non-public school transportation request at https://www.uaschools.org (under Departments > Operations > Transportation). Deadline to apply is June 30. If transportation is deemed impractical, a payment in lieu of transportation form will be sent to the parents.


Families in the Worthington district can complete a non-public transportation request form at www.worthington.k12.oh.us (under the heading "online forms.") The deadline for form completion is July 1.  If it is deemed impractical to transport the students, a request for transportation reimbursement will be sent to the parents.

Questions About Bus Registration?

Contact your district transportation office. You can find contact information on your district website under the transportation department.