Fall 2020 Hybrid Restart Protocols and Procedures
يرجى النقر على كلمة "الإنجليزية" في الزاوية اليمنى العليا من هذه الصفحة لتحديد لغة مختلفة
Fadlan dhagsii erayga "Ingiriis" ee geeska kore ee midig ee boggan si aad u doorato luqad kala duwan
Haga clic en la palabra "Inglés" en la esquina superior derecha de esta página para seleccionar un idioma diferente
- Middle School Hybrid Schedule - Effective 11/02/2020
- High School Hybrid Schedule - Effective 11/02/2020
Building and Safety Protocols:
- Students should bring refillable water bottles with them for the day. Water fountains will not be in use, but water bottle refill stations will be available.
- Students must wear a mask while on the bus and throughout the school day unless given express permission by an adult to take a "mask break." See below for Mask Policy.
- Visitors must have an appointment to enter the building.
- Lunches must be packed and sent in with students or bought within the building. No outside food drop-offs/deliveries will be permitted.
- Families picking up students during school hours will not be permitted to enter the building. Please come to the Kenny Road doors and hold up a photo ID to sign a student out early. Individuals picking up will then remain in their vehicle and students will exit to them.
Recommended Supplies for Students in Hybrid:
- Personal hand sanitizer
- Personal water bottle
- Standard school supplies including fully-charged iPad, pencils, notebooks, and folders.
- Click here for Mask Guidelines
- School districts that provide busing will communicate with families of registered students about expectations, pick up, and drop off times.
- Students must follow any additional home district guidelines for wearing a mask while riding the bus.
- COVID-19 Symptoms Survey will be taken daily in PowerSchool prior to staff & students coming into the building. The survey is linked here.
- Families are expected to follow Franklin County Public Health Department protocols for COVID-19 symptoms. See infographic with expectations linked here. (Link in Arabic, Somali, Spanish)
- Students who are car riders may enter the building starting at 7:30 a.m. Car riders must enter using the Kinnear or Kenny Road doors; staff will check for PowerSchool survey completion & answers. Students may be randomly screened for temperature checks.
- Students who are bus riders must enter using the back door; staff will check for PowerSchool survey completion & answers. Students may be randomly screened for temperature checks.
- Upon entering the building, all students must either wash their hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Students will go directly to their first class period of the day.
- Car riders who arrive with a temperature will not be allowed in the building. Bus riders arriving at the building with a temperature over 100.4℉ will be required to call a parent/guardian for immediate pick up and will remain in isolation until their ride arrives.
- Students eating breakfast in the building will pick up a pre-packaged breakfast and move to their assigned classroom/space to eat.
- Students will use hand sanitizer or wash their hands before eating.
- Students will carry their supplies, backpacks, lunch, outerwear, etc., with them throughout the day.
- Students will sit socially-distanced between 3 - 6 feet apart in assigned seats.
- Only one student may be out of their seat in the room at a time.
- Shared materials will be sanitized after each use.
- Masks must be worn at all times, even when behind dividers, unless given permission by an adult to remove it.
- Teachers will use tape to indicate where within the classroom students may or may not stand.
- Movement patterns for students will be indicated on the floor of the classroom.
- Expectations for masks, raising hands, and movement will be clearly posted in each room to reinforce directions.
- At the end of each class period, students will help wipe down their workspace and chair before they leave the classroom.
- Students will walk following designated pathways in the hallways. Arrows will be created on the ground and teachers will assist with prompting students regarding these expectations.
- Vinyl marking circles will be placed on the ground to indicate where students should stand as they wait for the classroom to be empty.
- Students will stay 3 - 6 feet apart as they transition. Teachers and administrators will help enforce this.
- Students may not use the restroom between classes. They must first check-in with the period teacher.
- One student out of the classrooms at a time.
- If there are more than 2 students in the boy’s bathroom or 3 students in the girl’s bathroom, additional students will need to wait outside on the marking circles.
- Staff will assist in monitoring restrooms for social-distancing.
- No physical bathroom passes will be used.
- MS students will eat socially-distanced, 3 - 6 feet apart, in the open space during lunch and will have dividers. HS students will eat 6 feet apart with dividers.
- Students will have assigned lunch seats that they are required to sit at daily.
- Students must have permission to get up from their seats for any reason.
- Students will use hand sanitizer before picking up and eating lunch.
- Prepackaged lunches will be distributed and students are to eat in their assigned areas.
- Students will remain in cohorts designated by staff.
- Students will have a cordoned off area to interact with peers.
- Students will wear masks during recess.
- There will be limited equipment at use during recess.
- Any recess equipment used will be properly cleaned/sanitized prior to use by the next cohort.
- Water fountains will not be in use.
- Students must bring water bottles for use throughout the school day.
- Water bottles may be filled at bottle-filling stations. Students will be directed to sanitize before and after using the bottle-filling station.
Visitors to the Building:
- Visitors with scheduled appointments must wear masks upon entering the building.
- Visitors will have their temperatures taken and will complete a survey answering the same questions found in the COVID-19 Symptoms Survey that staff & students take daily.
- Visitors are expected to comply with all COVID-19 safety protocols within the building.
- Students will wipe down their desk and divider and place the divider in the class period storage area.
- Students waiting for their rides, whether buses or cars, will wait socially-distanced using markings on the sidewalk.
- Dismissal will occur in groups (bus riders/car riders) in order to limit the number of students in the hallways at one time.
After School Care:
- During Aftercare, students and staff will follow the same expectations that are being used throughout the school day.
COVID-19 at School
Exhibiting COVID-19 Symptoms While at School:
- If a student starts to exhibit COVID-19 symptoms during the school day, parents/guardians will be called immediately to pick up the student.
- The student will wait in the quarantine tent until a parent arrives.
- In order to return to school, students & families must follow the expectations put in place by the Franklin County Public Health Department. See infographic with expectations linked here. (Link in Arabic, Somali, Spanish)
Notifying Families of Positive COVID Cases within School Community:
- If there is a confirmed COVID case among in-person students or staff, email correspondence will be sent out to all students and staff affected, as identified by Franklin County Public Health Department protocols for COVID-19 contact tracing.
- Infected students or staff will be required to self-quarantine for a 10 - 14 day period depending on when symptoms are suspected to have begun.
Travel to a Location on the OH COVID-19 Travel Advisory List:
- Please refer to the OH COVID-19 Travel Advisory when traveling out of state. Based on where you travel, it may be necessary to quarantine for 14 days before returning to school.
Reporting Protocol for Positive Cases:
- Confirmed COVID-19 test results for students and staff must be shared with the building leader. Positive test results will be shared with the Franklin County Board of Health.
- Students will clean their dividers, desks, and chairs at the end of each period prior to attending the next class.
- Students will receive direct instruction on how to clean their dividers, desks, and chairs.
- Professional cleaning will be conducted daily with frequent cleaning / sanitizing of high contact surface areas.
- Wednesdays, the day between cohorts, will be used to do additional cleaning / disinfecting.