COVID-19 SCHOOL CLOSURE
- Monday: Staff meetings, no classes
- Tues. - Thurs.: Virtual Classes (M.S. Schedule, H.S. Schedule)
- Friday: Advisory & Office Hours
- Check the Troubleshooting Tips provided by our Tech office (accessible from Metro email accounts).
- If problems persist, submit a help ticket from the school device or email firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the issue and a phone number where you can be reached if needed.
Based on Governor Mike DeWine's most recent announcement, the Metro School building will remain closed for the remainder of the school year and we will continue virtual instruction following the current class schedules.
In an effort to keep our students, staff and families informed with the latest information, we will use this page as a reference for communications and resources for the extent of the closure.
Metro middle and high school classes will be conducted virtually using Adobe Connect following the format below.
Should students need help with their school laptop or iPad,
All colleges campuses have closed and moved to virtual classes. Metro students taking classes at The Ohio State University, Columbus State Community College or Franklin University should follow the guidelines sent by their specific higher ed institution.
- Prom: Since schools are to remain closed for the remainder of the school year, the junior/senior prom will be cancelled. We apologize for the inconvenience to our seniors.
- PTSA: The Metro PTSA will host its last meeting of the year May 12 at 6:30pm via Zoom. Check the weekly parent update for the meeting link.
- 8th Grade Trip: The 8th grade trip to Washington D.C. has been cancelled. Families who paid to participate have two options:
- Option 1 - Stay registered and go on next year's trip May 24-27, 2021. Final payment would be due March of 2021. If you choose this option, you don't have to do anything; you will remain on the roster.
- Option 2 - Cancel your child's D.C. Trip. You will receive all money paid except the $50 non-refundable registration fee. To cancel, contact email@example.com
- End of Year Presentations: Student Roundtables and Gateways will be conducted virtually rather than in person on May 26, 27 and 28.
- Graduation: Metro's 2020 graduation has been rescheduled to June 6. To abide by state recommendations, the ceremony will be hosted virtually.
During the current closure, all on-site school events are cancelled or postponed. We will update you through the weekly parent update, our website and social media when decisions are made regarding postponed events.
We encourage everyone to follow these recommendations from the CDC:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Activities for Families from the Ohio STEM Learning Network
- National Mental Health Resources
- Anxiety and Coping with the Coronavirus
- Living with Worry and Anxiety Amidst Global Uncertainty