January 2021 Ohio Education Update:
- 285 Ohio school districts are operating with all in-person classes
- 148 Ohio school districts are operating with all remote learning
- 176 Ohio school districts are operating with a hybrid schedule (in-person and online options)
COVID-19 Vaccine Fact vs. Myth Document from the Ohio Dept. of Health
Please visit the Fall 2020 Restart Guidance page for information to be used in making decisions on virtual vs. in-person instruction.
December 14, 2020
November 12, 2020
In light of where we stand with COVID cases in central Ohio and the coming holidays, we will be taking an additional safety measure and moving Metro classes to an all-virtual platform starting Thanksgiving/Fall Break and ending at the close of J-Term (November 23 - January 18).
We will resume our hybrid/blended model on January 19 with the start of spring semester. At that time, families will have an opportunity again to select virtual or hybrid for their students.
October 5, 2020
Based on the most recent health trends, Metro Schools will offer hybrid learning starting November 2, 2020. Families have two options:
- Students can continue with all virtual instruction and log in for classes from home Monday-Friday.
- Students can participate in a blended format, reporting for in-person classes on Mon/Tues OR Thurs/Fri, and participating in classes from home the rest of the week. In-person days will be assigned based on last name, unless otherwise requested.
All students will remain home for virtual classes on Wednesdays to allow for thorough cleaning between groups.
Students reporting for onsite instruction will be required to wear a mask and complete a health survey before coming to school. You can review the Student Health Survey questions here.
Daily Class Schedules - Effective 11/2/2020
Metro students taking classes at The Ohio State University, Columbus State Community College or Franklin University should follow the guidelines sent by their specific higher ed institution.
Should students need help with their school laptop or iPad,
- Check the Troubleshooting Tips provided by our Tech Office (accessible from Metro email accounts).
- If problems persist, submit a help ticket from the school device or email email@example.com with a description of the issue and a phone number where you can be reached if needed.
- Many clubs are now meeting online to ensure all students have access to participate.
- The PTSA is hosting parent meetings online. Visit the PTSA webpage for meeting dates and login information.
- Teachers will be offering virtual parent meetings, with a focus on helping struggling students.
- After-school care will resume November 2, 2020 for families who register to participate.
- Decisions regarding second semester activities will be made later in the year.
We encourage everyone to follow these recommendations from the CDC:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Activities for Families from the Ohio STEM Learning Network
- National Mental Health Resources
- Anxiety and Coping with the Coronavirus
- Living with Worry and Anxiety Amidst Global Uncertainty